Thursday, June 18, 2009

Today is the Day! Junk Partaay!!

Well, it's Finally Here!
Junk Party Day
Pop on Over to
Blog
to See Fantastic Finds
&
Fabulous Furniture Re-incarnations!!
I was Hoping to have Finished
atleast One of these chairs
for the Party but...
between swimming, bike riding, cleaning, laundry, ortho appointments,
it just Wasn't possible;)

So, anywho
Here are the Before photos...
Ugly Faded, Stained, Torn asian motif fabric.
The chairs are marked Florence, Italy
on bottom.
Italian + Chinese???







And Voila'
The Almost After photos..
Buttery Yellow fabric with Sage Green Palm trees!
They don't quite match my Existing decor but,
When we move to the Lake, these are going to
Look Fabulous in My New home;)
I don't know if I will finish with the Upholstery tacks
or use gimp(trim) to finish off the edges.
What do You think would
Look
Best??
I would Love to hear Your suggestions!





See my Main blog page for Another
Furniture re-do!

6 comments:

Beca said...

Great transformation. I love the chair. it looks great.

Restoration House Interiors said...

This is going to look great when you finish. I have wanted to tackle my first reupholstery for months...any tips! Love it and thanks for joining the Junk Party! See you soon!

Marie said...

Love your chair - it's fabulous!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Holly Blocker said...

GRREEEAT Chair! Love it! So my style!

Kristal said...

I have a chair similar to this shape and have been thinking about recovering it. Glad to see it can be done and turn out nice!

Yarni Gras! said...

tacks are the easier of the two methods but I think trim might be a good choice because of the palm trees.....give a feeling of movement.
Great job!